Author Topic: Italian Translation  (Read 69322 times)

urfausto

how do you process this?

You can open an .lng file with something like notepad++, edit it and then provide a download link so it may be integrated in a next MB release.
Be sure to check for newly added translatable content that you can find on the 'Latest Version' board.

is this how it's supposed to be read?
frankly it's unreadable

boroda

mb contains compiled localizations (.lngc). you cannot edit them. you will need to get source localization (.lng).

urfausto

download links are not even reachable anymore..

boroda

urfausto

however isn't it possible to get the english strings beside the translation? it appears more easy to do it from scratch from the original english text file then change the ongoing translation...

boroda

pm Steven request for latest english file.

hiccup

Here you have the source file I am using and have kept updated myself:

http://bit.ly/mbtranslationsourcefile

Since it was updated many times since the beginning, note that it contains duplicate entries for many elements.
I have been trying to make it a habit of marking the obsolete (oldest) line of these duplicates by prepending them with an exclamation mark. So you don't need to waste time and effort on translating any line that starts with an exclamation mark.

It might well be that the file contains older entries that are now obsolete and not used in current versions of MusicBee anymore, so it would be a waste of time translating those.
But at the moment there is no way of telling if, and what lines are indeed obsolete.
For that purpose it would be good if Steven is able to provide a current and complete listing containing only all active elements.
If he provides you with such a list, please share it?

urfausto

urfausto

ok anyhow the original italian file has been lost lol. if anyone has the latest version please reupload it again as also all the links are dead by date.

Roby

ok anyhow the original italian file has been lost lol. if anyone has the latest version please reupload it again as also all the links are dead by date.

And this? I added the .txt extension for convenience.
Original file: Italiano.lng 09/28/2018 227KB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x9HMPN8DVWjtdQW2_0_cpw9p-bOD_kzZ

urfausto

And this? I added the .txt extension for convenience.
Original file: Italiano.lng 09/28/2018 227KB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x9HMPN8DVWjtdQW2_0_cpw9p-bOD_kzZ
thanks, i will start looking into it.

Moloch981

IT
Ciao, c'è un piccolo errore nel menù che si apre quando si modifica una traccia e si clicca col tasto destro sul riquadro della copertina dell'album: "Scegli immagine" è scritto così "Scegli mmagine" (manca la prima "i" di "immagine"). È possibile correggere? Grazie.

EN
Hi, there's a typo on the Italian menu when you right-click the box for the artwork. "Scegli immagine", the translation of "Choose Picture", appears like this "Scegli mmagine" (the second word is missing the "i" at the beginning). Please can you fix this? Thank you.

urfausto

non c'è nessuno che si occupato della traduzione. io avevo fatto il file per tradurlo velocemente con mille bestemmie ma non so nemmeno se lo inizierò a fare con tutti i problemi che ho. nessuno sta traducendo o correggendo nulla in italiano.

IT
Ciao, c'è un piccolo errore nel menù che si apre quando si modifica una traccia e si clicca col tasto destro sul riquadro della copertina dell'album: "Scegli immagine" è scritto così "Scegli mmagine" (manca la prima "i" di "immagine"). È possibile correggere? Grazie.

EN
Hi, there's a typo on the Italian menu when you right-click the box for the artwork. "Scegli immagine", the translation of "Choose Picture", appears like this "Scegli mmagine" (the second word is missing the "i" at the beginning). Please can you fix this? Thank you.