Author Topic: Folder Browsing - How to keep left pane folders from disappearing  (Read 1596 times)

DKDiveDude

In MusicBee I click "+" sign to add a new Tab.

Then I specify the tab to be my C drive, or more specifically a folder containing multiple folders containing music files.

In the left navigation pane it shows under "Computer"

So far so good, I can click a small right "arrow" icon to expand a folder, and again if there is any subfolder.

Problem is when I then move my cursor to the main "Tracks" area to select a file, the navigation pane changes, well it disappears and turn unto "All Artists" with artist/folder name below. To again show the folder navigation I need I have to go up and click the created "tab" on the top. To me that behavior is really annoying! Anyway to turn that off?
Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:20:44 PM by DKDiveDude

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Your left navigation panel is in auto-hide mode. You can change that by clicking the Pin icon at the corner.  Although you might be interested in the standalone folder panel.

In any case, I suggest you spend some time with the wiki to better understand your layout options: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DKDiveDude

Your left navigation panel is in auto-hide mode. You can change that by clicking the Pin icon at the corner.  Although you might be interested in the standalone folder panel.

In any case, I suggest you spend some time with the wiki to better understand your layout options: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee

Thanks a bunch for a quick response. I don't see a pin. Which corner should it be in?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Top right, next to "Library". Or you can change it in the layout settings.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DKDiveDude

I did not find a pin icon, but in the upper right I clicked the icon looking like a layout. There I expanded "Left Panel" and it was set to "Hide Panel (Auto-Open)". I changed it to "Show Panel".

That did make my desired left folder navigation view stay, however it opened a new vertical panel with all the artists it found in the selected folder. So how do I turn that off? I want the navigation to stay, but no "Artist" panel to open.

DKDiveDude

Ok I figured out how to turn off the "Left Main Panel" thanks!