Author Topic: Title names without space at the end when auto-organizing  (Read 825 times)

vaipan

I'm limiting my filenames to 33 characters using auto-organize, but many of the titles end with spaces. e.g. "01 Piano Trio No. 1 in Ci minor, Op. .mp3". Is there any way to automatically remove the space if the shortened filename ends with a space?

vaipan

Ah, I'm having a new issue now. Many of the file names, when shortened, share the same file name now ("String Quarter No. 1 D min") so I'm getting a "Cannot create a filename when that file already exists". How would I add numbers to the end to fix this?

frankz

You can't, but you can organize them better in folders by album so it's not an issue.  With your current example, there can only be one track 1 on an album, so if the file name starts with 01 or 01-01 for a multi disc set, you're all set.

vaipan

Thank you! I'm new to MusicBee and I just downloaded your Lyrics plugin. So awesome!

frankz

Thank you.  Can't take much credit for the plug-in - it was already pretty awesome before I stepped in to maintain it.