Author Topic: Auto-Playlist to act as History  (Read 987 times)

SonicRings

I asked if it was possible here (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32760.0) and was told it is not, so I am requesting this as a feature to be added. It would be very nice if MusicBee can show a song with 4 plays each time, as opposed to removing the older versions and keeping the last played one. In other words, I would like for it to show dupes.

I played this song 12 times since yesterday. Even in the History part of musicbee, it only shows 1 entry. Perhaps adding a sorting method of "Date Played" alongside the already-existing "Last Played" sorting method would work perfectly.

It would be even better if it also worked with last.fm history, but a toggle would be welcome so if I prefer to only keep track of songs played on my PC itself, I have that option.

frankz

Not possible without bloating the database. -1 for me.

SonicRings

Not possible without bloating the database. -1 for me.
Do you have anything constructive to add or are you just here to downvote my suggestion? I'm sure there's a reasonable way to do this. Make it a toggleable option if need be so people such as yourself who do not wish to "bloat their database" can leave the setting off.

frankz

One man's opinion.  This is what last.fm is for.  I personally see little value in this.

FYI: Opinions that run counter to yours aren't destructive by definition.  Musicbee has a well-earned reputation for being nimble and light.  I like it that way.