Author Topic: METRO. A wall of text for your wall of sound.  (Read 16860 times)

mmakes

Stretching the limits of code is my forte, so this is one of those experiments that looks pleasant and awesome enough for me to share.  8) This is great for people who listen to albums with colorful covers. It makes visuals that resembles cool posters you would see in concert venues.

Download the latest release here:
http://mmak.es/MetroMetroMB
http://mmak.es/MetroMetroMBLoRes (for low DPI monitors. Use this if all your text is mushed together!)

Installation Instructions:
https://mmak.es/MetrologyforMBGuide

If you're using it, please post a screenshot of how it looks on your end! That'd be very helpful.

Feel free to redistribute, but all I ask is to give credit back to me wherever you post or in any edits you made. I make designs to get food in this apocalyptic world, y'know.
Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 04:05:53 AM by mmakes

Mr. Trev

Very nice.

I have a problem though, all the text looks like this:

Every track is the same and it happens in full screen too.

mmakes

Very nice.

I have a problem though, all the text looks like this:

Every track is the same and it happens in full screen too.

Thanks for helping to test this and posting the bug, Mr. Trev. I realized that I forgot to mention that this TheaterMode relies on Virtual Tags instead of turn the artist / album / track names into ALL CAPS.

To set it up you will need to do the following:

1. Add Virtual Tags under MusicBee Preferences > Tags (1) > Define New Tags...

2. Then add the following tags. I used Virtual1, Virtual2, and Virtual3 for the all caps version of Artist, Title, and Album.

Virtual1 = $Upper(<Album Artist>)
Virtual2 = $Upper(<Title>)
Virtual3 = $Upper(<Album>)

It will look like this:

If you already have other virtual tags occupying Virtual1, Virtual2, or Virtual3, you can use another virtual tag, too, but you will need to edit the skin file. Replace all instances of "Virtual1" with the tag you made for Album Artist, Virtual2 for Title, and Virtual3 for Album.

Hope this works.  8)

Mr. Trev

Yup, that sorted things out nicely.

The only question I have left: is there any easy <easy being the key word> way to adapt this for different scaling?
I use 125% (15" laptop, 1080p screen) and the low res. skin crams all the text together. The full res. spaces it too far apart.

Cheers.

mmakes

MusicBee can't resize TheaterModes properly for some reason. The way I would make a 125% version would be to multiply all X and Y values in the 100% version by 1.25... that's pretty much it.

DrRoboculous

This is what it looks like on mine. I'm using the small res version. I did everything you said to in the other post. I'm not sure why it's not working for me. And i don't know if you can tell but the words are overlapping the album art too.
By the way, can you make small res versions for all of your skins/theater modes? That would be awesome because none of them really fit my screen. I use 1366x768 screen resolution.
Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 06:52:31 PM by DrRoboculous

mmakes

Really? Nothin? Ok.

Dude, what's that attitude?  :-\

As I had said above, it's a bug that should be Musicbee's responsibility to fix. Unfortunately, I have limited time and resources to code all the different window scales. (You are on 125%. That's why text overlaps.) I had put the suggestion above on how one might be able to fix it for themselves.

As for the text, you have to make sure Virtual1, Virtual2, and Virtual3 are the right text in the right order. Virtual1 refers to the first Virtual Tag in your list of Virtual Tags. If you don't have the tags in the first, second, and third on the list of virtual tags, you need to edit the skin and replace them accordingly.
Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:41:07 AM by mmakes

Steven

• Administrator
@mmakes, see https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18655.msg180190#msg180190
as long as someone is using the updated theatremode plugin (works with all MB versions) and you use the new dpi setting then it should work much better

mmakes

@mmakes, see https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18655.msg180190#msg180190
as long as someone is using the updated theatremode plugin (works with all MB versions) and you use the new dpi setting then it should work much better

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-* 

Woah!!! Amazing!!!!!!! Thank you!!!

Let me update the TMs and see if it works.  8)

Diaboliquin

Wonderful work. I'm still checking all the skins but the Metro variant I thinks fits nice in the "Now playing" tab.

And for the Full screen, Fluent Carousel.

Cheers!

PS: Tested in the recent Musicbee Beta 3.4.7586
Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 12:34:13 AM by Diaboliquin

JDar_MB

Hello, my laptop scales things at 250% on it's 4k Monitor what would be the easiest to fix the scaling issues?

Steven

• Administrator
Update to MusicBee v3.4 - the links are available in the first forum topic