Author Topic: Device Sync List?  (Read 835 times)

BrewerJoe

Aloha,

I'm a new user, so not super familiar with all of the MB interface and features yet.  I have a fairly substantial music collection, so copying everything to my phone isn't an option due to the size.  I usually copy a set of albums and playlists to my phone and then switch it up every now and then. 

I copied two new playlists to my phone and then realized I should have used the MB volume normalization feature, so deleted them and went to recopy using the wireless app.  As soon as the app connected, it re-downloaded the two playlists without me doing anything on the computer other than having MB up and running.  This is what I wanted to do, but I didn't expect it to happen without me telling MB to download them again.  Is there a place in MB (on the computer) that shows me what is set up to sync to my phone?  For example, what if I deleted these playlists and didn't want them to sync to my phone again.  Where would I go in MB to take them off the sync list?  When I had my phone connected via USB, the device showed up in the interface, but I don't see it unless I have a wired connection. 

Thanks for any help on this.  I did a quick search on the forum and didn't see anything that looked like it already addressed this question.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

In Preferences, there is a Devices section where you can access your configuration for that device. You might want to check out the Devices page on the wiki, which covers the configuration in detail.

It probably also matters whether your app is set to Full Sync or only Playlist Sync.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

BrewerJoe

Thank you for the quick response!  I have looked around that area of preferences, and do now notice that my two playlists are listed there with 'checks' beside them.  So the playlists seem fairly easy to manage from that part of the interface.  My suggestion, as a new user, would be to bring that part of the interface closer to the surface and quicker to access rather than it being several layers deep within the preferences menu.  I expect that managing the content sync to one or a few devices is probably something a lot of users would make heavy use of.  Just a thought...I know you aren't the developer, but he may run across this post :) 

How would I go about managing which albums are getting synced?  My choices on that tab seem to be either sync my entire collection, or a random selection, neither of which are what I'm really after.  I'd like to manually select the albums to be synced.  Is there a way for me to select content to sync without my device being physically connected?  My phone seems to only show up on the 'send to' menu when I have it wired to the computer.

Thanks again!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How would I go about managing which albums are getting synced?  My choices on that tab seem to be either sync my entire collection, or a random selection, neither of which are what I'm really after.  I'd like to manually select the albums to be synced.  Is there a way for me to select content to sync without my device being physically connected?

I would just create another playlist that you manually update as needed, and add it to your sync list. Then you only have to update the playlist, and never mess with the device.

I agree that it could be a good idea to have easier access to your Device preferences when doing wireless syncing. On the other hand, I so rarely need to change them that I don't miss it. If you're updating via playlist, you probably won't need to either.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)