Author Topic: Auto-Playlist of Highlighted Songs?  (Read 713 times)

shemantis

I use highlighting rules to distinguish songs with "issues," such as incorrect filenames, missing tags, etc.
I'd like to make an auto-playlist that includes ALL songs that are affected by highlighting rules.
I am aware of the <Highlight> tag, but can't seem to make it function as a true/false type of tag, where I can use an IF statement to make something like IF<Highlight>="true","X") and then use that to form an auto-playlist of all highlighted songs.
Thank you!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I don't think this is possible. You'll just have to recreate the highlighting rules in your playlist. (I have a similar situation, it's a pain if you need to change one of the rules but it's doable.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

shemantis

Oh, I was hoping to use the playlist to *gather* the highlighted songs into one easy-to-scroll location, so just re-creating them in the playlist kinda defeats the purpose of the exercise. Thank you, though!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Depending on how compilcated the rules are, you might be able to create a virtual tag that would serve for both highlighting and playlists. But if you're not using the highlighting except to create the playlists, then it's unnecessary effort.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

shemantis

I use the highlights for two reasons:
--Visually identify "issue" tracks in my Inbox (before being added to the Library, to make sure I correct the issues before I import them).
--Visually identify tracks with issues that already made it to the Library, so I can fix them as I come across them.

It would just be nice to have a playlist that gathers ALL the "issue" tracks for me to review on days that I feel ambitious, and want to try to correct a bunch at once.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, the only way I can think of to reduce duplication would be to create a virtual tag (if possible) to identify the issues you're looking for. Then you just have the one tag to mess with in playlists and highlighting.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)