Author Topic: Playlists Empty on Pixel 3a  (Read 1276 times)

bunzelburner

I had been using Music Bee to sync to Shuttle Music Player on my Moto G5 Plus for some time with no issues. I had it syncing music and playlists. For some reason, after upgrading to a Pixel 3a, the playlists seem to be broken. After syncing playlist the same way I did with the Moto G5, I go to open a playlist in Shuttle Music Player on my Pixel and it says "No songs detected. Copy some songs over to your device." The best I have been able to surmise is it has something to do with the path Music Bee is putting in the playlists files.

If I create a playlist in Music Bee and sync it to my Pixel, the playlist file and paths look like this:

Code
\Music\Nine Days\The Madding Crowd\1-02 - Absolutely (Story of a Girl).mp3

However, if I create a playlist in Shuttle Music Player on my Pixel, the playlist file and paths look like this:

Code
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:267,All Eyes On You - St. Lucia
/storage/emulated/0/Music/St. Lucia/When the Night/1-05 - All Eyes On You.m4a

Differences I can see is the fact that "/storage/emulated/0" is included in the front of the ones created on my Pixel as well as the "#EXTM3U...." at the top.

I tried adding this to the path in Music Bee but it says that it can't be found. My assumption is that Music Bee isn't creating the paths correctly but it could also be that my Pixel is not reading the path correctly. Either way, it's frustrating that I can't access my playlists. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. I can provide further information that might be helpful.
Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:26:55 PM by bunzelburner

bunzelburner

I've since been informed this is an issue with Android 10 and Shuttle Player rather than Music Bee. Anyone in the same boat as me as of this post, I've found that Musicolet will read playlists correctly and is free!