Author Topic: volume leveling tag  (Read 2184 times)

LewdMegumin

How can i remove the ReplayGain tags? i want to remove both the Track & Album Gain and is Volume Analysis the only way to apply them? they apply it automatically. can't i manually do it individually in every track if i have the need to?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is a menu command to remove them, "Restore Original Volume". It's under Tools.

You can always choose which files to apply them to, or not. If they're being applied automatically, turn off "calculate and write missing replay gain tags for new music files" in Tags (2) preferences.  I think you could write them manually, but why would you want to? The point is that the computer tries to figure out what is needed to get everything the same volume. For manual adjustment, there's a slider on the Settings tab of the tag editor that's more suited for that purpose.
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:40:50 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LewdMegumin

There is a menu command to remove them, "Restore Original Volume". It's under Tools.

You can always choose which files to apply them to,or not. If they're being applied automatically, turn off "calculate and write missing replay gain tags for new music files" in Tags (2) preferences.  I think you could write them manually, but why would you want to? The point is that the computer tries to figure out what is needed to get everything the same volume. For manual adjustment, there's a slider on the Settings tab of the tag editor that's more suited for that purpose.

i would apply them automatically but there are some songs that are very quiet at the beginning with singing then it turns loud, i want to sacrifice that loud for being able to hear the singing parts.

i wouldn't mind how loud the instruments would be tbh it wont pierce my ears as all of these songs are played on a speaker. though i can understand yes this is stupid lol but i will decide after i try it out! and i am doing this on files that are copied from originals that i will transfer to my phone with a music player able to read ReplayGain Tags : P

and also i check in the tools menu, where external application is at right? they are all blank, i am new to checking under here despite using musicbee for like 3 years now lol

thank you for the information though i appreciate it! <3

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
and also i check in the tools menu, where external application is at right? they are all blank,

You're looking at Preferences. I mean Tools in the main menu.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LewdMegumin

and also i check in the tools menu, where external application is at right? they are all blank,

You're looking at Preferences. I mean Tools in the main menu.

i looked it up where the main menu is..., lol i just knew that it exists.

thank you so much for the help, i will manage by my own now!