Author Topic: Can't find album artist  (Read 675 times)

NailJ

Hey guys,

I have 115 Willie Nelson albums and when I sort Album Artist by Count he shows up at the top of the list. However, when I sort Album Artist på Name (which is how I prefer to sort the list), Willie doesn't show up at all (!). I'm also not sure why Paul McCartney shows up between Wings and Wyclef now that I look at the screenshot, every other Album Artist is listed in alphabetical order afaik...

Very strange. I figure I must have checked a box I shouldn't have or something but I just can't figure out what is wrong. Please help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you looked under Nelson, Willie? I would check the sort tab of his tracks. Especially if you have custom sorting turned on, this could easily happen.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

NailJ

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Great! Where are you getting your tags from? Custom sorting is awesome, but one of the risks is that if a sort tag sneaks into a track, it will be applied to ALL of that artist's tracks. So if you can disable Sort Artist/Sort Album Artist tags from your tagger, it should help keep this from happening again.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

NailJ

Ok thanks, tbh I have no idea where the tags came from. I have no memory of setting it up like that (I didn't even know you could until now) but obv I must have.