Author Topic: Album Auto-Tagger - Sort by Filename?  (Read 6905 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i've given up on the idea of matching durations as in practice i dont think its working well in practice
so now it matches on titles (with some fuzzy logic) and if no match, then in order the tracks are listed when the auto-tagger is opened
http://www.mediafire.com/?gb3lfrl0041saaj

aidanw

Cool - downloading now to try it out.

Duration matching is really useful in this specific case (which happens a lot from Audio CD rips):
- No filename, no title, only Artist & Album

In this case, matching title/name etc is useless. Matching the order is useful, and is let down in this situation:
- One or more tracks were skipped
- The album is a region-specific version, missing or adding track a track or two, but the rest of the tracks are correct. Seems to happen a lot here (New Zealand).

Will post back if there's any bad results from this build. Thanks again for your work!

Bond

Quote from: fish
Duration matching is really useful in this specific case (which happens a lot from Audio CD rips):
- No filename, no title, only Artist & Album
I don't know.  It's not uncommon for two tracks on the same album to have the same length, which means it wouldn't be uncommon for duration matching to fail.  With no title or filename, however, you wouldn't know this and that's a bad thing.

I think Steven's new change is more beneficial.  Your track names are probably "Track1", "Track2", ..., "TrackN", anyway and you can now sort by that to properly match them up.

i've given up on the idea of matching durations as in practice i dont think its working well in practice
so now it matches on titles (with some fuzzy logic) and if no match, then in order the tracks are listed when the auto-tagger is opened
http://www.mediafire.com/?gb3lfrl0041saaj
Works perfect for me.  As I have no titles, I'm able to control the track order from the main screen which works perfect cause I can now sort by filename.  Hopefully others will enjoy the new change as well.

Thanks again, Steven!