Author Topic: Albums Order Problem  (Read 825 times)

Gal90116

Hi, I have a question please.

When I choose in the "main panel" to show Albums, I have an option to click on Sort by and then Define Custom Sorting, and I choose "Path" so I have the albums in the order that I want. But if I choose in the "main panel" to show Artists, then I don't have a Sort by option, and when I click on an artist, the order of the albums isn't the same as when I put the main panel on Albums with Sort by "Path".

So is it possible that when I choose Artists in the main panel, that it will show the same order of the albums as when I choose in the main panel Albums, with Sort by "Path".

Thank you.
Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 04:46:11 PM by Gal90116

Zak

• Global Moderator
So is it possible that when I choose Artists in the main panel, that it will show the same order of the albums as when I choose in the main panel Albums, with Sort by "Path".

Given that the Sort menu isn't even displayed when viewing by Artists, it sure seems the answer to that is No.
If it is possible, I can't see where. You get albums in alphabetical order and that's it.

Which surprises me, because even sorting chronologically seems like a reasonable thing to want to do.
As such, unless someone else has solution, you'll have to post a request on the Wishlist forum (if it hasn't been asked for already).

Nice skin. Looks proper posh.  ;)
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can right click in the list of albums and choose to sort them by year or title, but that's it in Artists view.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
So you can. That's... weird... and obscure.  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...