Author Topic: Pitch and Sample Rate settings in 3.4.7491  (Read 1819 times)

sveakul

Thanks for this implementation within the "Tempo" control interface.

I noticed that Pitch settings change in steps of .03 when using the mouse wheel; by going into MusicBee3Setting.ini, I was able to alter the value manually via Notepad within <PlayerPitch></PlayerPitch> to specified increments like -.32 and that value was then reflected in both the slider interface and in the playback display.

In Sample Rate, I noticed that the values default to single numerical steps with no decimal steps, unlike Pitch.  Changing the setting within <PlayerRate></PlayerRate> manually to -1.82 resulted in that value showing in the slider interface, but in the playback display the value shows as "-2", rounded to a whole number.  Does this mean that unlike Pitch, the Sample Rate setting is only applied in whole number steps, regardless of if a decimal value is specfied in the <PlayerRate> ini setting?

Steven

• Administrator
thats just the implementation on the mouse wheel function as I thought most people would only use whole numbers. You can directly type the value into the input box - you dont have to edit the .ini file
either way, if you enter a fraction, it will be used and persisted

sveakul

OK Steven, thanks!  Since only the closest whole number appears on the status/control bar display for Sample Rate, unlike the full decimal display for Pitch, I had thought the setting was being rounded for Rate.  It would be cool though if the status bar figure also reflected the true value entered as it does for Pitch.  Appreciate the info and having this new DSP--and access to 3.4 beta!
Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:14:53 PM by sveakul

mrbenn

This is a great feature, and I find it very useful for my own odd purposes.

I can't work out how to change the pitch using the mousewheel (actually sample rate as I want turntable-like control)

Also can this be bound to a hotkey for 1% increments?

Thanks