Author Topic: automate replaygain normalisation  (Read 628 times)

DaveBuchanan

Morning all

I may have missed something, but is there a way to automate replaygain normalisation?

If I "Analyse Volume" for my entire database, it's huge and there are relatively few tracks that need normalisation. As far as I can see I have to go through the list produced, one by one, bypassing all the "OK" tracks, and then for each track that MB has calculated a normalisation value, I have to manually change the current value to the very value that MB has just calculated.

Is there no way to tell MB "On the Analyse Volume pass, if you find a value that's cockeyed, please change it so the track comes up OK"?

I don't want to do anything fancy. I just don't want to have to constantly adjust the volume when I'm playing a playlist.

Much thanks

frankz

At the point where you're seeing OK or a number, the calculated values have already been written to the file.

OK in that list means that using the levels MB has calculated will be OK for that track to avoid clipping.

If a number shows up, it indicates that to avoid clipping for that track, volume analysis needs to be rerun with the slider adjusted by that amount.

If you do nothing at that point, the volumes stay adjusted for those tracks with the numbers, but you may hear some clipping.

If your track levels are still all over the place after having run analysis on all of your files, make sure you have told MB to use the values during listening (Controls->Smart Gain / Track Gain / Album Gain).  Note album gain will still have variation between tracks. 

DaveBuchanan

Thanks.

The tracks that are not OK all show different numbers. So if I want be sure no clipping will ensue, then - for each individual track - I would still need to move the slider, rerun volume analysis, then move on to the next track? That's what I'm trying to avoid.