Author Topic: Enhance Tools section by allowing multiple external tools  (Read 13486 times)

Steven

• Administrator
yes i will do this, although maybe just adding a couple more rather than being as flexible as asked for

Lore

yes i will do this, although maybe just adding a couple more rather than being as flexible as asked for
In my specific case a couple more would be enough :)
Thanks!
Lore

Steven

• Administrator
this has the extra external tool settings:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4fo799x6ry177fy
Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 07:43:47 PM by Steven

Lore

this has the extra external tool settings:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4fo799x6ry177fy
Hi Steven,

Thanks as usual for this update, it's working fine and it's greatly appreciated :)
Regards,
Lore

Maleko12

OK, this is a question I have. Let's say I select more than one file to send to an external tool. Instead of the same external tool popping up twice, I want both of the files to go to the external tool in one window. Does that make sense? I want both files to be treated together, not separately.

Steven

• Administrator

Maleko12

Ahhhhhh icic. This would be really handy for doing edits for an album i.e doing an album gain on MP3Gain. Again, it isn't a big thing, just more of a convenience  and less clicks. Should I make a separate wishlist item for this or is this very unlikely not to happen for quite some time?

Steven

• Administrator
why do you need to use mp3Gain. The Volume Analysis in MB does the same thing when you select multiple files from the same album

VX

OK, this is a question I have. Let's say I select more than one file to send to an external tool. Instead of the same external tool popping up twice, I want both of the files to go to the external tool in one window. Does that make sense? I want both files to be treated together, not separately.

+1 for the request.

It would be very useful for sending files to TagScanner/MP3Tag or an audio editor.

Maleko12

Steven: For Volume Analysis, that is true. However, it doesn't allow me to control how high/low I want the album's volume to be (the default on MP3Gain is 89.0 dB, but in most cases, I like my albums to be louder than that, about 92 to 94 dB). Also, it doesn't detect clipping either.

Also, I use MP3Tag since I can use its Extended Tags feature (similar to MB's Tag Inspector) to edit multiple tags at a time.

VX: Exactly.
Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:23:11 PM by Maleko12

ma_t14

Also, I use MP3Tag since I can use its Extended Tags feature to edit multiple tags at a time.

I really hope that this request (already requested in Wishlist forum) is implemented in MusicBee as well for the Tag Inspector....

ma_t14

+1 for the request.

It would be very useful for sending files to TagScanner/MP3Tag or an audio editor.

That is the way it seems to work for Mp3Tag currently. But tagscanner for some weird reason imports all tracks in the folder and not the tracks that are selected and also opens one instance for each file..

If the above request solves the problems with tagscanner and other software then +1  :)
Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:32:00 PM by ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
trying this now, i can send multiple files to the same instance of mp3Tag
just highlight the album files then right click/ send to mp3Tag
i just have "<url>" as the parameter and dont have "wait for application to exit .." ticked

Maleko12