Author Topic: Play Now replaces the Auto-DJ playlist instead of just adding tracks  (Read 902 times)

selectnone

I'm reporting this as a bug, because this functionality doesn't feel intentional:

If you rightclick a track from the Tracks list and select Play Now while the Auto-DJ playlist is active, the Auto-DJ's playlist will be replaced with the currently-shown Tracks list.

I would expect Play Now to work the same as Queue Next — the only difference being that it would immediately start playing the first newly-added track.

I regularly forget that it doesn't work this way — so I end up clearing my manually-curated Auto-DJ list, when I just want to play a different track right now :'(

Steven

• Administrator

selectnone

If someone searches for a word, selects a specific track, then selects 'Play Now', why would the app then enqueue every track containing that word?

This is why it feels unintentional to me — that current functionality doesn't feel like it would be useful in most situations.  :)

FYI, I came over to MusicBee from iTunes 10 — Auto-DJ feels very similar to the old iTunes DJ/Party Shuffle playlist, which I used all the time, so I might have different expectations to some other users?

frankz

I don't use auto-dj but Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing...playing tracks list...queue selected tracks next and play now might do what you want.

manually-curated Auto-DJ list
? :-\

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't use auto-dj but Edit->Edit Preferences->Now Playing...playing tracks list...queue selected tracks next and play now might do what you want.

This. You can control the behavior of Play Now.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

selectnone

Perfect!  That's exactly what I wanted.

It still feels like an awkward default functionality, at least for the Auto-DJ, but I can live with that ;)

selectnone

manually-curated Auto-DJ list
? :-\

What I mean is:

I let Auto DJ randomly pick my upcoming tracks for the next hour or so, but I then remove unwanted tracks and add things I specifically want to hear.