Author Topic: Albums view doesn't split tracks into two columns if there are multiple artists.  (Read 1270 times)

funkmasterfuma

I'm in the music explorer and when I click on an album, it doesn't split the album tracks into two columns if there are multiple artists. I want there to always be two columns for an album's tracks. "Display tracks as a single column list" is unchecked, so this shouldn't be happening. Is there a fix for this?

phred

• Global Moderator
Try widening the window.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Good to hear.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psoup216

Hmmm. I wonder why this happens for some albums and not others? It's not the # of tracks.  I have MusicBee fully expanded in my smaller monitor.

Yes, it does put them in columns in my larger monitors but A) I prefer keeping MB open in my scratch monitor (which is not a low res monitor, it's a quality 23" Dell), and B) this had never been a problem for me before this year, to my knowledge).

yetaxa

Hmmm. I wonder why this happens for some albums and not others? It's not the # of tracks.  I have MusicBee fully expanded in my smaller monitor.

Yes, it does put them in columns in my larger monitors but A) I prefer keeping MB open in my scratch monitor (which is not a low res monitor, it's a quality 23" Dell), and B) this had never been a problem for me before this year, to my knowledge).
It's based on the length of an individual title. In this view (with artist names displayed on the same line as track title) the length of the longest line will determine the width of each column. And as there is a very long one here (the one with Mariah Carey) there simply isn't enough room for a second column
Maybe that would be something to ask for
to force multiple columns even if it means cutting titles off

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe that would be something to ask for
to force multiple columns even if it means cutting titles off
This was implemented and enhanced in August 2022.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36986.0

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki