Author Topic: Issue with Playlist Mixer  (Read 1608 times)

The T

Maybe there's a smarter way to do this, but: I am trying to weight a playlist with ratings for syncing to my device. However, the Playlist Mixer is not working as anticipated.

Here is my settings:

However, the effect this has is:
1. I get duplicate copies of some songs, most often 5-rated songs. I can not find any way to avoid this.
2. For the lower-rated tiers, I am consistently getting the listed number. So for example:

I have 2 songs that are allowed to be any rating? And yet I am ALWAYS getting 2 0.5-rating songs.
I have 4 songs that must be above 0.5? And yet I am ALWAYS geting 4 1-rated songs.

Am I misunderstanding what greater than means?

Steven

• Administrator
try the latest patch version as some improvements were made

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

The T

So should I just not be using the Windows 10 store version?

The T

Update: Problem 2 is fixed, problem 1 is not.

Steven

• Administrator
For 1, there is a filter in the playlist mixer to ensure duplicates are not added but that filter needs to be reset when a criteria runs out of files.
So how many files are in "Collection" and how many have Rating >4.5 ?

Also is "Collection" a static playlist or if its an auto-playlist, is there any random aspect to it ie. is the list the same every time its refreshed?
Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:21:25 AM by Steven

The T

Collection is a static playlist auto-playlist; it's criteria is just "Love is not Banned" [what a sentence].

There are currently 37 that have greater than 4.5 (ie, 5 only), so if it's checking the >4.5 field, and then moving onto >4, the duplicates must be coming from there or lower, surely?

Does this filter need to be enabled?

phred

• Global Moderator
Collection is a static playlist auto-playlist
A playlist can either be static or auto. It can't be both. You mention 'criteria' so is one to assume it's an auto-playlist?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The T

I answered the prior question: It is an auto-playlist, but the criteria is just "Love is not Banned". So that means the contents of the auto-playlist will always be the same, except for when I make changes to what songs are Banned in the Media Library.

I just copied all songs from that auto-playlist into a static playlist, and changed the Playlist Mixer to use that static playlist instead.

No change, duplicates still appear.
Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:15:38 AM by The T

Steven

• Administrator
let me know if you are happy to run a debug version

phred

• Global Moderator
Will it fix the issue?
No.

A debug version typically provides some code that you give to Steven in his attempt to see what's going on. He'll give you instructions if/when you agree to run it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The T

Ok. I've thought about it, and while I wouldn't mind doing that, getting this particular issue fixed isn't my biggest priority, as far as issues are concerned. I posted another issue I'm having with Wifi android device synching that I'd actually much more prefer have someone take a look at and resolve. :)