Author Topic: Weird Artwork Problem  (Read 448 times)

wigster

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on a weird issue I'm having with artwork.
I've recently migrated over to MB, on both a laptop and desktop. Both of them are set up to work with my music files in OneDrive.

Since migrating over from Media Player, I've been updating things like the artwork, and this has been working fine on my laptop. However, on the desktop, it seems that MB is giving the same artwork file to everything that doesn't actually have one.

So, in the first screenshot, the last artwork I set was for Waltz in Black by the Stranglers, but MB now seems to have put that file against a whole load of other tracks. It is also showing another image I recently updated for the track that is currently playing.

The second screenshot shows what happened after I updated the artwork for the currently playing file.

I can see in the list of artists at the left of the screen as well that some of the other files that I've already updated the artwork on in this playing session have been changed to have the latest pick of artwork file (third screenshot)

This has completely thrown me, as I can't think why one PC would be doing this, and another not.
Restarting MB has had no effect on this






Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 32733
you can find out where the artwork is located by opening a file in the tag editor/ Artwork tab/ click the Save To button.
Usually this sort of problem happens when people download files to the same folder and that folder has an old artwork file in it

wigster

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Thanks for that Steven, that seems to have sorted the problem.  :)

When I went into Edit, and did the search for a picture, both the "embed in music file" and "link picture to this track" were ticked.

When I untick the "Link.." option and save, it behaves properly now.

The strange thing is that I don't have to keep doing this on the PC that was working correctly, just the one that has the problem.
I've checked the Tags settings in Preferences, on the only artwork option ticked is the Embed.

wigster

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
And digging into it a bit more, the problem was with a folder called "Misc Singles", where I keep a lot of tracks where I only have a small number from one particular artist.

The Folder.Jpg in that folder was, as you say, the one that was appearing against all other tracks stored in that folder.