Author Topic: Remove Organization?  (Read 1059 times)

nyanpire

So, I just got it today and while it was looking through my files it reoganized everything by artist instead of album and now it is completely ruined and difficult to use, difficult to sort, difficult to find tracks, renamed tracks that did not need renaming.  How do I undo this or do I have to reinstall ALL my music again from this thing this program did?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

If your files are correctly tagged, it's simply a matter of telling MusicBee how you want to reorganize them.  This should help: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/File_Organization

Before you do that, though, make sure you've turned off both auto-organize and "automatically sweep and organize new files" in library preferences. MusicBee doesn't organize anything by default, so one of those settings must have been turned on by accident.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
As mentioned by psychoadept there is no file organisation done by musicbee with out some action by yourself such as enabling auto-organisation. And I really doubt you would accidentally enable that with out knowing as a dialog window is displayed.
And even if you did that then just viewing files in MusicBee would not cause the files to be moved. So I think you are probably missing telling us a some things you might have done. Also I am not clear how organising files would impact "difficult to sort, difficult to find tracks"