Author Topic: Is there a way to manage two libraries simultaneously?  (Read 1236 times)

AaronLandon

I'm trying to see if there's a way to set up two separate libraries that are virtually the same, only one is in FLAC, and the other is in OPUS, for file management purposes.
I'd like the FLAC files for anything non-mobile, but OPUS for playing on mobile where space is a premium. Do I just set up two separate library files and swap between them when I want to upload songs to my phone, or is there a more elegant solution?
Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:54:02 AM by Steven

frankz

Keep and manage your library on your computer in FLAC and then convert to Opus on-the-fly when you sync to your devices.  Sync your play data to last.fm and then back to MB and everything stays in sync.

smann

Converting on-the-fly is by far the best option for minimizing space everywhere. It will take a little longer to sync the files to the device, but not having to manage changes across both libraries is nice. Just do it to the one and be done.

For reference, if you do want to do the 2 library method... Put your mouse all the way to the left side of the screen for the left sidebar to appear (if you have it set to auto-hide), then at the very top click on "Library - MusicBee" (this might be slightly different if your folder is named something else) and then "Create New Library".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If space isn't a concern, you could also set up the second library as a virtual device so that changes will be kept in sync (each time you start MusicBee) and you can just copy the files to the device as needed.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)