Author Topic: Cassette C90  (Read 10065 times)

Clarence

Glad that you like the skins beatlesdave270

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want, I'm assuming what you mean is...

"Help! I need somebody, Not just anybody".
And there was me thinking... "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away".
I told myself "Hey Dude(?), refrain. Don't carry the world upon your shoulders".
But ever dauntless, I thought, you know what..."There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung".

Sorry Dave, just seemed too good an opportunity to miss.  ;)

In all seriousness, my first statement was true. I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want. Are you just looking for something that has the 'look/feel' of a jukebox in terms of player appearance or are you thinking of the ability to select tracks in some way directly from the player panel. eg. press buttons for track D21.  

The first option 'could'  be possible in some way but the limited space available in the player height would make it a huge challenge. The second option might be possible as a plugin of some sort. Going back to my programming days it could definitely be written as a stand alone module with it's own UI but I've never had the desire to look into calling outside modules from within MusicBee, with the inherent potential for API, data passing and integration issues etc.. There are people on here who are clearly far more capable than I am in doing something like that. I also wonder whether something could be linked into a Theatre Mode...that thought being prompted by the beautiful FLUENT CAROUSEL by mmakes which, incidentally I think is excellent.

Whichever way you were thinking of it would mean someone investing a lot of time in it which would be the main stumbling block I suspect. However, I'd be interested in how you perceived it just purely from a design interest point of view.

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Clarence

@phred Thanks! I hadn't spotted that one before. Just given it a +1

@beatlesdave270 You might want to do the same. The more it gets it may stand a chance of being integrated one day.

phred

• Global Moderator
That was a concept proposal. Basically hiccup was showing it and saying it would be nice if this could be done.

Giving it a +1 isn't likely to get something like that implemented.

I'm not capable of creating skins other than 'borrowing' someone else's skin and changing the colors. But what hiccup displayed can't be done with the current MB skinning elements.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

beatlesdave270

Glad that you like the skins beatlesdave270

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want, I'm assuming what you mean is...

"Help! I need somebody, Not just anybody".
And there was me thinking... "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away".
I told myself "Hey Dude(?), refrain. Don't carry the world upon your shoulders".
But ever dauntless, I thought, you know what..."There's nothing you can do that can't be done. Nothing you can sing that can't be sung".

Sorry Dave, just seemed too good an opportunity to miss.  ;)

In all seriousness, my first statement was true. I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want. Are you just looking for something that has the 'look/feel' of a jukebox in terms of player appearance or are you thinking of the ability to select tracks in some way directly from the player panel. eg. press buttons for track D21. 

The first option 'could'  be possible in some way but the limited space available in the player height would make it a huge challenge. The second option might be possible as a plugin of some sort. Going back to my programming days it could definitely be written as a stand alone module with it's own UI but I've never had the desire to look into calling outside modules from within MusicBee, with the inherent potential for API, data passing and integration issues etc.. There are people on here who are clearly far more capable than I am in doing something like that. I also wonder whether something could be linked into a Theatre Mode...that thought being prompted by the beautiful FLUENT CAROUSEL by mmakes which, incidentally I think is excellent.

Whichever way you were thinking of it would mean someone investing a lot of time in it which would be the main stumbling block I suspect. However, I'd be interested in how you perceived it just purely from a design interest point of view.

Ha ha brilliant use of Beatles songs there lol.
Yeah the first option sounds good. Ive seen the other Jukebox skin too and given it a +1.

Clarence

@beatlesdave270 I saw your +1 and comment on the jukebox post.  Your initial request seems to have sparked a little interest in a round about sort of way. And rightly so in my opinion as that idea of hiccup's from 2018 is certainly something that would appeal to me as a user.  I hope that someone who is well versed in Theatre Mode is able to bring it to life as that seems to be the general consensus so far of how it might be achieved.

As it seems you originally meant a look/feel type skin, I've duly noted it and should I ever have time or a sudden flash of inspiration I'll maybe, possibly, might, have a look at the idea.

...But please don't hold your breath. You see..."It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log"

.... OK. No more, I promise.