Author Topic: Cassette C90  (Read 10178 times)

HirriAshana92

skin is great
i not see skin like this before
thank you

Clarence

@HirriAshana92 I'm glad you like it, thank you for your comment and welcome to the forum.

@frankz  Cheers frankz, appreciated.

frankz

(Still not giving up my Classique Teal though  :) )

Clarence

Nor me frankz...although it's the original red for me.  8)

Adson

... like it  :)

Thanks for sharing your beautiful skins.

Clarence

You're most welcome Adson, and I'm glad you like the skins.

Clarence

Hey Coogan!

I was tidying up after finishing the above player and I had a thought...so I took you at your word   :D ...

Quote from: Coogan date=1587522218 on another thread link=topic=31284.msg173409#msg173409
As far as the overall height of the player, I'd imagine one and a half times would look really good...

Think you're big fonts will fit that? This screenshot is on a bog standard 1366x768 pixel laptop so the skin should look better on your 1920x1080.  

Let me know if you want to test drive it and I'll finish tinkering with it.

Clarence

Adson

... it seems that it is not possible to enlarge the progress bar nor is it possible to show a wave bar as progress bar.

These would be great features since it is sometimes difficult to hit the thin progress bar.

Maybe you like to have a look at that when you edit the skin the next time?

Thanks in advance  :)

Clarence

@Adson...correct on both counts.

Enlarging the progress bar is controlled by MusicBee but does not work with the style of graphics or their method of implementation used in my skins. Unfortunately it's a trade off between the look I want to achieve and an (optional) function (or two).

Similarly it's not possible to make a wavebar active in every skin I produce. That is a matter of my choice but based on logic. Let me explain using C90 as an example.  

The 'screen' area in this skin is shown as being in the top half of the player body. That's because I've made it look that way for the sake of the design/aesthetics. However, to place a waverbar in the player, MusicBee considers the whole player height to be the screen and places the wavebar vertically centre. There are parameters that I can set to control placement, just like a button or text, but with a waverbar these parameters are overridden by MB and it places it as described. So I can put it anywhere I like left to right, but up or down is always 'middle for diddle'. In this case, totally obliterating the image.  

I believe that this override was put in place some time ago for a very valid purpose but until it becomes available for independent positioning it's another trade off...either every skin has to have a full height screen or some can have a more 'unique' appearance and no wavebar.

A bit long-winded I know, but I hope it clarifies why certain things are done certain ways.

Coogan

To Mr. & Mrs Clarence:

Thank you for another wonderful skin.  
I really like that you enlarged the bottom panel.  I work as a DJ and very often somebody will come up to see what song
is playing.  This should really make things easier for them. (and me)   ;D

Coogan
(love the red scroll-bars btw..)

My MusicBee Version:

Clarence

Glad you liked it Coogan and thanks for trying it out.
I can see the need for the larger display with things like DJ work and hopefully this will help.
I'm not sure that it will appeal to a wide audience but it can probably go in the bag with the rest of the skins after I've tweaked it a little.
In the meantime, you have the only model in public ownership, so be gentle with it and don't dent her!
(Still don't like those scroll bar overlays, but each to his/her own.)

To Mr. & Mrs Clarence:

Mrs C is immune to flattery Coogan. I tried it once, didn't work so I gave up 45 years ago. Nice try though!

Coogan

Mrs C is immune to flattery Coogan. I tried it once, didn't work so I gave up 45 years ago. Nice try though!

I see my charm is weaker than is used to be.
Guess I'll have to dust off the ol' guitar one day.  ;D

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

beatlesdave270

You're most welcome Adson, and I'm glad you like the skins.

I love the skins, just wondering if you could design a Jukebox style skin? Kind regards Dave Thompson.