Author Topic: QuillR  (Read 9049 times)

Clarence

Inspiration for this skin came last weekend when I was working on a new painting and was using waterproof artists ink. I looked down at the selection of coloured bottles I had in a tray and thought how well those colours worked together.

A couple of people have asked in various posts if I'll be doing another flat skin like ForumB and I thought these colours would be great for one...well OK, a 'nearly' flat skin...let's be honest there has to be something that appears to move when pressed ;)

QuillR:

Download:
QuillR Dark Theme
QuillR Light Theme

I hope you enjoy the skins.

fred

The "light" is very dark on my monitor - here's a comparison with a skin I'm playing with:

To my eyes the "light" on the right is too dark compared with the light on the right (which I find very restful and easy to work with)

Clarence

@fred Thanks for your input.

I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks! Really impressive as always
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
The "light" is very dark on my monitor
I understand that it's a matter of opinion, but I agree with fred - the light is too dark.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Clarence

@psychoadept  Thanks for the comment!

@phred Noted, but not an opinion I share on this occasion. It is what it is, and what it will stay.

SpirosG

Hi, Great skin!!

There is a bug.

If you select to use the wave bar instead of the progress bar the track information are not available.

Steven

• Administrator
If you select to use the wave bar instead of the progress bar the track information are not available.
Thats expected behavior. The playing track information is displayed in the status bar when a wavebar is displayed in the player controls panel

Clarence

@Steven Thanks for responding, I didn't receive a notification on this post yet and just spotted it by chance.

@SpirosG Other than the above, I'm glad you like the skin.

SpirosG

Thats expected behavior. The playing track information is displayed in the status bar when a wavebar is displayed in the player controls panel

Hi Steven, thanks for the answer, i wasn't aware of it. Is there any chance for a modification to this behavior?

@Steven Thanks for responding, I didn't receive a notification on this post yet and just spotted it by chance.

@SpirosG Other than the above, I'm glad you like the skin.

Hi Clarence, amazing work mate.

The only thing i would change is the scroll bars, if you use a laptop with the lowest screen brightness is really difficult to see them, so i think that something like a blue outline on them would be helpfull.
Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:57:37 AM by SpirosG

Clarence

SpirosG,

The only thing i would change is the scroll bars, if you use a laptop with the lowest screen brightness is really difficult to see them, so i think that something like a blue outline on them would be helpfull.

I won't make a permanent change but there is a way around it if you find it helpful...use a piggy-back sheet to call the QuillR skin but override the scrollbar edges.

Here's the code which should be in a text file such as  QuillR_ScrollEdges.xml and then placed in the same location on your computer as the QuillR_dark.xmlc file.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Document Name: Overlay For - ScrollBar Edges - QuillR_dark  -->
<!-- Clarence   -->

<root dependsOn="QuillR_dark.xmlc">

<variables>
SBar =  "26,31,39"
Outline = "94,129,172"
</variables>

<colours id="Default">
<element id="Panel.ScrollBar.Default" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
<element id="Panel.ScrollBar.Lowlight" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />

<element id="FilterPanel.ScrollBar" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
<element id="FilterPanel.ScrollBar.Lowlight" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />

<element id="NowPlayingList.ScrollBar" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
<element id="NowPlayingList.ScrollBar.Lowlight" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
  </colours>

</root>  

Then select this as the skin instead of the normal QuillR_dark.xmlc

In case you aren't comfortable producing it yourself, here's a link to 'one I created earlier'.

QuillR_ScrollEdges.xml

Hope this helps out.

SpirosG

SpirosG,

I won't make a permanent change but there is a way around it if you find it helpful...use a piggy-back sheet to call the QuillR skin but override the scrollbar edges.

Here's the code which should be in a text file such as  QuillR_ScrollEdges.xml and then placed in the same location on your computer as the QuillR_dark.xmlc file.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Document Name: Overlay For - ScrollBar Edges - QuillR_dark  -->
<!-- Clarence   -->

<root dependsOn="QuillR_dark.xmlc">

<variables>
SBar =  "26,31,39"
Outline = "94,129,172"
</variables>

<colours id="Default">
<element id="Panel.ScrollBar.Default" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
<element id="Panel.ScrollBar.Lowlight" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />

<element id="FilterPanel.ScrollBar" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
<element id="FilterPanel.ScrollBar.Lowlight" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />

<element id="NowPlayingList.ScrollBar" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
<element id="NowPlayingList.ScrollBar.Lowlight" bg="SBar" bg2="SBar" bdr="Outline" />
  </colours>

</root>   

Then select this as the skin instead of the normal QuillR_dark.xmlc

In case you aren't comfortable producing it yourself, here's a link to 'one I created earlier'.

QuillR_ScrollEdges.xml

Hope this helps out.

You are the best!!!  :)  :)  :)
It Helps a lot!

Appreciated Clarence!

SpirosG

HI Clarence,

I've made some Adjustments to your theme using the method above (xml).

If you don't have a problem i can upload the xml and paste the link here in case someone wants to use it.

I can't figure out how to change Player's Love Button, the code below doesn't seem to work

Code
<element id="PlayerLastFmLove">NEW CODE PASTED HERE</element>
<element id="PlayerLastFmLoveBright">NEW CODE PASTED HERE</element>
<element id="PlayerLastFmNotLove">NEW CODE PASTED HERE</element>

Something else i can't figure out is how to change the Star rating color in mini player mode.

MiniPlayer.StarRating.Default and MiniPlayer.StarRating.Lowlight don't seem to work.

The picture below represents QuillR Theme by Clarence with some modifications i've made!

Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:17:37 PM by SpirosG

Clarence

The only thing i would change is the scroll bars...

Hmmm...

If you want to put your xml on a download site and put a link to it here, I'd be OK with that but please don't obliterate this thread with images as they won't relate to the original skin.

As for the mini player stars, these are (to the best of my memory) auto-calculated by MB.

The Love button and all other components in the player are set by unique bitmap images which are encoded in the xmlc file so they can't be overridden. The rating stars for this skin are picked up from the element coding so they have changed when you changed the main panel stars.

SpirosG

The only thing i would change is the scroll bars...

Hmmm...

If you want to put your xml on a download site and put a link to it here, I'd be OK with that but please don't obliterate this thread with images as they won't relate to the original skin.

As for the mini player stars, these are (to the best of my memory) auto-calculated by MB.

The Love button and all other components in the player are set by unique bitmap images which are encoded in the xmlc file so they can't be overridden. The rating stars for this skin are picked up from the element coding so they have changed when you changed the main panel stars.

It's actually your fault Clarence, you showed me the way...  :)
A little bit of reading and your help was enough to put me into the theme customization. ;)

Sorry but i couldn't resist.

To tell you the truth i am a Dj so i need some elements to be clear and unique. Coloring the rating and love button does exactly that. Although i love your theme.  8)

By the way i got you about the pics.

Thank you for the explanations, i was trying to figure out what i was doing wrong, as it seems i wasn't.

I will upload the xml later...

Once again thank you for everything!

You can find the modificarion XML HERE

Probably there are some not so useful parts of  code in there...  ;)
Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 04:13:26 PM by SpirosG