Author Topic: Import issue with music files being duplicated, with one file playable.  (Read 1227 times)

SFBhere

Hello. I'm new to MusicBee and I'm having issues with the import feature and the duplication of files.

It's best explained by the screenshot, where you can see MusicBee is importing songs and categorizing their artist name by the beginning numerical digits of the file name, not the metadata. To make it more strange, all of these songs are playable when I scroll down and find the appropriate artist name.
How can I get rid of these duplicate-unplayble junk files clogging up my MusicBee library? I never had this issue using Groove Music.

Thanks for your input!

Screenshot:
Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:22:25 PM by SFBhere

Steven

• Administrator
you will probably find there is a .MACOS folder further up the folder hierarchy with a bunch of small byte sized files with the same filenames that was included in the import

SFBhere

you will probably find there is a .MACOS folder further up the folder hierarchy with a bunch of small byte sized files with the same filenames that was included in the import

Hi Steven. Sadly, that's not the case. There was only one subfolder in my music library that has an empty _MACOSX folder and it has been deleted. It was not related to the artist highlighed in the screenshot. I'm so bewildered by this. If I can't fix this, I have less of a reason to continue using the program which is a shame.

Steven

• Administrator
change the view to the Tracks view; add columns for Url and Size; sort by size and then delete the small files
You will also see where the files are being sourced from in the Url field

SFBhere

change the view to the Tracks view; add columns for Url and Size; sort by size and then delete the small files
You will also see where the files are being sourced from in the Url field

Thanks. This would have been difficult to do in Windows Explorer because I have so many folders and subfolders for my music library but I was able to sort by track time in MusicBee and then batch delete all of the junk files. I was amazed at how many I had which did not show up in my Windows folders. This seems to be working for now.