Author Topic: newbie question  (Read 1606 times)

phoenix1971

i'm totally new to MusicBee and it seems to do everything i want out of a media player,however my question is can anybody point me in the direction of how to "sort the Files"? i have a lot of music video files.audiobook files and normal mp3 files.but when i import new items i want them to be kept in the relevant folder ,thanks in advance

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

phoenix1971

still struggling getting used to using this, before i switch totally i want to make sure the music goes to the correct place,i have loads of tracks which has album artist as various ,but i dont want to the file going to the artist file instead ,any ideas as to make sure this wouldnt happen ,thanks in advance

HirriAshana92

musicbee will not move your music. you tell where to find files. it finds them and makes its own library of data (not music). music stay where you put it.
try and put some few music files in a new place and test musicbee on this then see that the files are where you left them. musicbee has data to use files but never changes file location. if you have files you do not want included dont tell musicbee where they are. it is all in link given by moderator. my english not so good but i hope you understand.

phoenix1971

musicbee will move files ,as it has happened to me, hence the question about how to makre sure

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/File_Organization

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee will move files ,as it has happened to me, hence the question about how to makre sure
MusicBee does not move files by default. You need to do something such as enabling auto-organisation/ auto-sweep or manually using one of the file organisation functions.
You make it sound like MB moved files all by itself with no action on your part but that is not true. If you are making statements like this then you probably best use another application for your music management.

sveakul

Just be sure that in Preferences->Library->music library, you do NOT check "auto-organize music files", and in Preferences->Library->monitored folders->new file action, you do NOT check "automatically sweep and organise new files."  If you have met those conditions, MusicBee will never physically move a music file anywhere on its own.