Author Topic: Metadata not appearing in Musicbee  (Read 2200 times)

Mixian

New user of Musicbee here, so I apologize if this is a common problem! I did some googling and tried a few things, but no luck.

So, a bunch of my music (about 600 songs) is showing up in Musicbee without any metadata other than the title. The mp3s themselves have the meta data; I checked the Tag Inspector and *it* has the metadata, but I can't figure out a way to get Musicbee to acknowledge it.

The number of songs is such that while I know I can go in and manually fix it for each song, I'd like to see if there's a more efficient solution that I'm missing.

frankz

hiccup

So, a bunch of my music (about 600 songs) is showing up in Musicbee without any metadata other than the title. The mp3s themselves have the meta data; I checked the Tag Inspector and *it* has the metadata, but I can't figure out a way to get Musicbee to acknowledge it.

Welcome to the forum Mixian

I notice at the left bottom of your screenshot it says "Auto-tag completed with errors."
Also the smaller panel on the right has a red exclamation mark at the bottom.
What does it say when you hover over it?

edit
And have you tried Have you tried rescanning the files?  ;-)

Mixian

I have tried rescanning the files -- and the whole library! -- a couple of times, which located quite a few files, but not their metadata.

As for the error, let's see, I hadn't even noticed that...

It suggested I rescan, and that fixed a majority of the songs! I still have about 70 songs that I'll have to fix manually, but that's a huge improvement.

Thanks, guys!

frankz

I have tried rescanning the files -- and the whole library! -- a couple of times, which located quite a few files, but not their metadata.

[...]

It suggested I rescan, and that fixed a majority of the songs!

?

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to a zip of one or two of the problem files