Author Topic: Any way to identify current skin under "random skin" setting?  (Read 1769 times)

arbor_mute

I am using random skin setting, but this does not highlight which specific skin it is currently using.

how can I identify the current skin while setting as random skin?

thank you

Tinidazone

:)  :)  :)  :)
I was actually trying what you were asking and I got a pretty good "random" skin.

And I have no idea how to identify it now because it is checked too random only

I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

arbor_mute

:)  :)  :)  :)
I was actually trying what you were asking and I got a pretty good "random" skin.

And I have no idea how to identify it now because it is checked too random only

glad you found a new function LOL

I actually downloaded all the skins in the musicbee website and was planning to delete one by one if I don't like it or keep it if I like it when one skin appeared as random.

But it actually seems not working since there is no way that I can see which specific skin I am using.

hiccup

But it actually seems not working since there is no way that I can see which specific skin I am using.

Activate 'show splashscreen at startup' in Preferences > General.
Then when you have a skin you are curious about, restart MusicBee.
(This will only work if the skinner created a splashscreen containing the name of the skin of course)

frankz

Open \%AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee\MusicBee3Settings.ini and search for <GUI_Skin>

I'm not sure if the file updates while MB is open or only after you close it, but that's where your skin setting is stored.

hiccup

Open \%AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee\MusicBee3Settings.ini and search for <GUI_Skin>

I'm not sure if the file updates while MB is open or only after you close it, but that's where your skin setting is stored.

That's clever.
An additional remark for users of portable installs:
That won't have a 'roaming' folder, so you'll find 'MusicBee3Settings.ini' in the AppData folder that resides in your MusicBee installation folder.

Tinidazone

Tinidazone

now am confused
I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆