Author Topic: Find and Replace  (Read 2632 times)

Tinidazone

Hi
I have some file(a lot actually) in my library that it happens the title (also the filename) contains the
"artist name (string) - " SPACES AND HYPHEN are INTENTIONALY

Is there a way I can tweak MB to find all
"Titles"
 than contains it own
"artist - "
 and remove only if the
"title"
 has
"artist - " string on it

File organize does not work because the words in the title are incorrect, to begin with
Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:00:26 PM by Humphries
I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

Dryst

You're going to have to find other tools to fix this.

I often run into similar issues with FLAC downloads from bandcamp.com.  They name individual files oddly, and I always have to rename all tracks with every download.  I am a licensed user of Directory Opus, and it handles batch renaming of similar files quickly and easily.  I am sure there are other tools that will do that too.

Once all the file names match the track titles as closely as possible, I then use my batch tag editor to set the tags per the file's path and name.  Once that is done, my work is 95% complete.
Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:52:31 AM by Dryst

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools should be able to handle this fairly easily. There might already be an advanced search and replace preset that would fit. Once the title is correct, renaming the file is easy.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Tinidazone

Actually, the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools should be able to handle this fairly easily. There might already be an advanced search and replace preset that would fit. Once the title is correct, renaming the file is easy.
Yes, that is very correctly renaming will be an easy step once  I am capable of reading and writing the titles... But the Additional tagging seems not capable of doing this. or maybe I don't know how to

Tinidazone

You're going to have to find other tools to fix this.

I often run into similar issues with FLAC downloads from bandcamp.com.  They name individual files oddly, and I always have to rename all tracks with every download.  I am a licensed user of Directory Opus, and it handles batch renaming of similar files quickly and easily.  I am sure there are other tools that will do that too.

Once all the file names match the track titles as closely as possible, I then use my batch tag editor to set the tags per the file's path and name.  Once that is done, my work is 95% complete.

This seems promising but privileged

Dryst

If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks just like a nail  ;)

Tinidazone

If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks just like a nail  ;)

Very Trump(I meant true). ;)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Yes, that is very correctly renaming will be an easy step once  I am capable of reading and writing the titles... But the Additional tagging seems not capable of doing this. or maybe I don't know how to

Then you need to spend some time figuring it out. There's a learning curve, but this is exactly the sort of thing it's designed for. Read through the forum thread and wiki page to learn more.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Tinidazone

Truly it is a learning curve.

I have spent more than 56 hours in a week to learn MusicBee (Idle due to COV-19 outbreak&lockdown)  

through reading and updating wikis -Fandoms

through going to forums/plugins, google and ton of thing (I wonder to switchOut)

So the solution for that thread is to use virtual & Custom Tags  more preferred is the match RegEx scripting
Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 03:29:45 AM by Humphries