Author Topic: Equalizer Window does not appear  (Read 1719 times)

joShu

description
If I click or double click the Equalizer icon (lower right), nothing happens.
If I use the menu (Controls, Equaliser) it toggles the check-mark, changes the equalizer icon, changes the sound quality, but does not display the Equalizer window.
This has been non-functional for four or five months.

Me: MB 3.3.7367, Windows10 latest patches, Intel HD Graphics 620 26.20.100.7985 (the latest).

also:
Preferences, Now Playing, Show Popup is checked but popups do not appear. In fact, if I click Show Popup, Customise button, MB hangs.
The equalizer window used to appear, and popups used to appear.
MB otherwise runs fine.
Windows runs fine.
All my other apps display fine.

my non-tech guesses:
MB display-code/dll is being neutered by my graphics driver.
Or, maybe I have changed a MB display setting somewhere?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

hiccup

my non-tech guesses:
MB display-code/dll is being neutered by my graphics driver.
Or, maybe I have changed a MB display setting somewhere?
Any suggestions appreciated.

You could also take a look at your .net framework installation (it's an essential Microsoft component for MusicBee to work)
Check if it's up to date, or perhaps corrupt:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Obviously: do this at your own risk.
It should be safe and I see no big risks, but you never know. Especially if your PC perhaps has other issues.

joShu

take a look at your .net framework installation

Great suggestion, I appreciate it, but it did not work.
(I checked, my .net is the latest, ran the .net troubleshooter, tried to force a new .net install but it said I have the latest.)

I did try running MusicBee under a different account on the same computer and the Equalizer window popped up just fine. So, drats, it's one of those account-related problems.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Steven

• Administrator
MB does have checks in place so that a dialog appears in an active monitor but perhaps thats not working in this case and the equaliser window is being displayed in an inactive monitor?
If you think that is the case, you could delete "DialogStateSettings.dat" which is in the MusicBee appdata folder

joShu

...delete "DialogStateSettings.dat" which is in the MusicBee appdata folder

Good sleuthing, that was it: the Equalizer window and the Now Playing popup now work again.
(You are correct: I have 3 monitors normally but the Surface moves around to different displays)

Thanks!