Author Topic: How to setup MusicBee for sync ONLY  (Read 627 times)

Justice

I've always been an iPod Touch/iPhone kind of guy for listening to my music. Since I've switched to a new computer and my general accrued distaste for the entire Apple ecosystem in addition to the very nice Galaxy S10+ phone I've received, I'm making the switch to the 21st century and will be playing all my music now on that phone.

Now, I have very little experience when it comes to Android music syncing. I've read around a bunch and found my best options were MusicBee, Media Monkey, foobar2000, Winamp, and a bunch of other programs like Syncthing, but MusicBee always seemed to be consistently rated in the top.

Now, I use foobar2000 to listen to my files on the PC and I use MusicBrainz Picard for all of my auto-tagging and Mp3tag for manual tagging. I would be looking to MusicBee purely and solely as a syncing program. I know it has a bunch of other stuff built-in to automatically tag, search for cover art and lyrics, and edit the metadata, but I've spent countless hours tagging my files exactly how I want them to be and am scared to death that MusicBee has the potential to change all that.

How can I set MusicBee up so it disables virtually everything except for syncing (and manual syncing at that)?

vincent kars

This very simple, by default MusicBee doesn't do anything, it won't alter tags, rename/move files, etc, etc until explicitly told to do so.
The only thing you must set is in Edit > Preferences > Library  to allow MusicBee to monitor your folders.