Author Topic: How to disable last.fm scrobbling button?  (Read 5068 times)

Mokaros

Hi I don't use last.fm and would like to remove the button from the playing bar to clean it up.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I have looked through the layout preferences and haven't been able to find it.

Steven

• Administrator

Mokaros

Hmm ok thank you. I will look at my skin and see if I can disable it.
Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:54:50 AM by Mokaros

Mokaros

You can't. However some skins hide it
Could you point me in a direction or to a theme that does this? I have looked through the theme I currently use and can't find any reference to any sort of last fm scrobble button. I found that the section is called the Main Player, but I cant find anything named like that. Only for last fm hearts. https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Skinning_Guide Only had the last fm favorites. Is there a way to uninstall the last fm scrobble plugin? Would that remove it or just break things?

phred

• Global Moderator
Removing the plugin will not remove the icon.

I -think- the icon is part of the Player Controls element and therefore not removable via an xml skin. Look for some of the bitmapped skins (with an xlmc extension) where the author may have removed the icon. But I think you're on a wild goose chase.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mokaros

Thanks. Ill try to find a theme with a xlmc extension that removed the button. Hopefully I can find one, having a useless button is annoying and ruins the clean design.

Steven

• Administrator
As this has been requested a few times in the past I have added a panel layout option for standard skins where the last.fm button can be hidden.
Its in the next v3.4 alpha update

Mokaros

Chaython

ma_t14

I still don't see the option to remove the button.

If you right click on the player controls  panel > Panel Layout > then you should be able to see the option "show last.fm scrobble button" (this is on the latest v3.4 build)

frankz

If you right click on the player controls  panel > Panel Layout > then you should be able to see the option "show last.fm scrobble button" (this is on the latest v3.4 build)
(This is not true on every skin)

Have a nice day!

ma_t14

If you right click on the player controls  panel > Panel Layout > then you should be able to see the option "show last.fm scrobble button" (this is on the latest v3.4 build)
(This is not true on every skin)

Have a nice day!

Good point! As Steven has mentioned, it's an option on standard skins and I imagine skin creators will have to add support for it in their own skins.