Author Topic: Automatic m3u playlist per album to support DLNA/PS4 playback?  (Read 676 times)

BlkDragon96

If you've tried to listen to media on a PS4 that's being shared via DLNA, you'll quickly realize that although you can navigate by artist/album, the tracks on a given album are sorted (and therefore playback) alphabetically.

The main workaround to this is to create m3u playlists of the albums, preserving the track order. PS4s do recognize m3u playlists.

So anyway, I was looking for a way to either upon import, or post-facto, create m3u playlists of an album's natural track order?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Zak

• Global Moderator
There's no automatic way to do this in MusicBee, but a quick google for "Playlist creator" shows a number of programs dedicated to the task.

Like this one:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/music-playlist-creator/9n83gp7c1rtm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

(Not an endorsement, I've never used it, it just looks like it would suit your needs)

Another option is to find a DLNA client that recognises track numbers. I'm not sure if there are many options for PS4 though.
Bee excellent to each other...