Author Topic: Playlist reverse sync using android file path  (Read 1307 times)

ashspain

Hi there I've spent a day on this, very confusing and frustrating, so please can someone help. I have:

Music folder with /artist/album - title.mp3 structure for files

MusicBee added this folder as library on pc

Poweramp installed on Android

Resilio sync installed on Android and PC

Any playlists created on MusicBee syncs to phone and playlist music plays on both devices.

Any playlists I make on Poweramp (or gmmp) work on the phone but when they sync to MusicBee the filenames in the .mpu playlist file are android's - F:/storage/emulated/0/Phone Music.

Firstly I thought Poweramp suposedly uses relative filenames but it's not, weird.

Secondly I have tried using the map on export to find and replace the android part to match the windows file path as my end game is auto exporting the playlists into a playlists folder in the music folder so Sonos picks it up on its daily sync. I got this all working with mediamonkey but I don't like the UI. The mapping only seems to work sporadically and it's time consuming and awkward to test with trial and error and little documentation. Here's what I'm pretty much trying in the two fields:

F:\storage\emulated\0\Phone Music\

and

..\..\..\..\

But it doesn't change anything in the exported .mpu, though I have managed to change the output, but not to what I needed it to be.

Forgetting Sonos and the export static copy of playlists, shouldn't the reverse sync for playlists work between fresh installs of MusicBee and Poweramp out of the box.

Is it worth me felting and reinstalling from scratch?

Thanks for reading this and your time

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you doing a wired sync or a WiFi sync?
If wired, try WiFi.

From what I recall, WiFi is better for what you're trying to do. And further to that, GMMP is better than PowerAmp for this. Mainly because Steven has a dialogue with the GMMP developer. But I may be wrong about this.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ashspain

Thanks for taking the time, I really want to use MusicBee, it's much nicer than mediamonkey.

I am already using WiFi unfortunately. I have a feeling something has got confused somewhere and things are misbehaving.

I will reinstall everything later today and try again one step at a time and come back with results.

Does GMMP use relative paths for it's playlists do you know?

phred

• Global Moderator
Does GMMP use relative paths for it's playlists do you know?
I only sync in one direction: MB > GMMP. I -do- use relative paths for the M3U playlists which are synced to the phone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here