Author Topic: No Sound on Masterblaster Audigy FX  (Read 1031 times)

barlet

All of a sudden, sound disappeared from MusicBee on Audigy FX soundcard. All other programmes are still working perfectly using this card. Only MB seems to have this problem. This phenomenon occurred after experimenting with a plugin from Winamp, trying to direct MB directly to the Shoutcast Source DSP. Can anybody please help resolving the problem. I cannot envisage life with MB!! especially at these difficult times. (MB works perfectly with other soundcards e.g. HDMI and Audioteck)

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you closed MB and removed the WinAmp plugin? That would seem like the obvious culprit assuming you changed nothing else.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

barlet

Yes I have and still no sound from MB. All others are working perfectly.

phred

• Global Moderator
Hmmm ... just to confirm - you've actually removed the dll?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

barlet

yes I did.. could it be perhaps the bass.dll? I am only shooting in the dark as I cannot figure out what is happening since all other programmes are working perfectly. The funny thing is that both the desktop installation and the portable installation are refusing to emit any sound at all but the portable installation is working perfectly well on another computer.
Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:17:48 PM by barlet

hiccup

... but the portable installation is working perfectly well on another computer...

So, just to make sure: you copied the problematic portable installation to another computer, and it plays well.
And if you copy that portable installation back to the main PC it doesn't?

barlet

No, the portable version is installed on a portable SSD since I have to carry it around. The portable MB on the SSD did not play on Computer One but did play on Computer 2! Both computers have Windows 10 as OS.

Addendum: I just noticed that sound from the plugin Web Browser (e.g. You Tube) works perfectly.

Update; Problem solved. A simple mute and unmute did the trick!
Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:31:08 PM by barlet