Author Topic: Album art while listening to online radio not displaying on latest MB versions  (Read 792 times)

krilok

Since version 3.3.7310, album art is not displayed while listening to any online radio stream, although it is displayed if I play any offline file on my PC.

I thought maybe upgrading to the latest version (3.3.7367) would fix the problem, but issue is still present. I've had to revert back to version 3.3.7310. but the problem with this version now is that it no longer shows/rotates artist artwork, as described in this thread:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30826.0

Could you maybe take a look into this whenever possible, please? Thank you...

Steven

• Administrator
you will need to stick with an older version of MB if that is important to you as MB no longer uses last.fm for album art which is used for radio streams

krilok

Thanks for the quick reply. TBH, I always believed album art was provided as part of the metadata on the radio stream itself... ;D

I understand it's not an essential feature, but I listen to radio streams most of the time. I've got MB displaying all the info through CDArtDisplay, and it's nice to be able to see album art instead of a blank place holder. As you mention, I can stick to an older MB version, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to miss out on future updates either, so pardon me for my ignorance, but would there be no other alternative to last.fm for album art?