Author Topic: Two tracks playing at the same time, or freeze and crash when skipping songs  (Read 917 times)

late

I updated MB to 3.3.7310 a few weeks ago. I am running W7, so no store version here.

Anyway, I noted these strange bugs or issues when scrolling through songs quite rapidly. When I look at upcoming tracks I see for example songs, A, B, C, D, and E. A track is playing, I hit skip next up is B, but MB skips song B and shows that it is playing C. Yet I can hear both songs B and C playing. I can reproduce this issue consistently by just skipping tracks.

There is also a second issue which occurs when also skipping tracks repeatedly. An error pop-up pops up, but I cannot read it as MB freezes and the Windows "MusicBee has stopped working" error opens.

This is the latest error in the log, but if I remember correctly my GPU driver crashed causing MB to close. Nevertheless, I don't remember seeing the errors I'm describing in this post occuring at the time mentioned in the following error message.
Code
27.02.2020 09:46:21 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.3.7310.31925D - System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
   at #=zPcl_Dm20tBbtWkG__qfpA5U=.#=zu_Ic6RcTPa7i.#=zq3LpZ9mTs0uK(BinaryReader #=zGHIfU7o=, #=zciF9OIiQXAk0zSPhJHpUW2Y= #=ztM5CwWY=)
   at #=zPcl_Dm20tBbtWkG__qfpA5U=.#=zu_Ic6RcTPa7i.#=z_fFXXTk=(FileStream #=zBUkfd9g=)
   at #=zPcl_Dm20tBbtWkG__qfpA5U=.#=zyybknMpMxwR1.#=z37t7AGYxiRhxe8pNCw==(#=zlkE2wlw28gwaYlXF4g== #=z7GX9EyK44bsO)

Edit: Just as I posted and continued to try and replicate the freezing bug, I did manage to get an error about the "sound output locking up". This could be the error popup that I mentioned earlier, as the popup window is roughly the same size. However, when MB freezes "hard" the error popup isn't "loaded" so I cannot read it.

Also as further info on the first bug (two tracks at the same time), if I press previous track button, B-song will play (as in the right track after song A).
Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:50:17 AM by late

Steven

• Administrator
perhaps you have one or more DSP plugins enabled, or the "skip silence" setting in the player preferences might be a factor

late

Disabling the tempo control and about a minute of testing, it doesn't appear to happen again.

Steven

• Administrator
if its the tempo DSP then the issue is probably already fixed in the patch version

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the musicbee application files