Author Topic: 2 things in my library that changed  (Read 1214 times)

Heavesd

Hi! So two things changed in my library recently while I was editing tags. It didn't happen when I closed and opened the software again but while I was editing the songs.

1. Albums with 10 tracks would show symmetrically in the tracklist (5 in one side and 5 in the other) but now it appears like this:

As you can see it's not symmetrical anymore, I don't know why, any idea? xD

2. I noticed the colors changed in the tracklist, for example, this album here, the number of the track and name of the artist would show as yellow (because of the yellow details on the cover), now it's all black. Every tracklist now it's either white or black with just the name of the artist changing colors. I liked it more when it was colorful haha. Maybe it's a MusicBee update? I don't know.

phred

• Global Moderator
I have to admit that #1 is a head-scratcher. I've never seen that behavior before unless there was an uneven number of tracks. What happens if the album has an uneven number of tracks?

As for #2, you're in 'expanded view' so click on 'albums' near the top-left of the main panel > Customize Panel... > Show Settings... > auto-pick panel colours
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Heavesd

I have to admit that #1 is a head-scratcher. I've never seen that behavior before unless there was an uneven number of tracks. What happens if the album has an uneven number of tracks?

As for #2, you're in 'expanded view' so click on 'albums' near the top-left of the main panel > Customize Panel... > Show Settings... > auto-pick panel colours

If it's 11, 13, 15 etc. tracks, it's normal

However if it's 7 tracks it shows like this:

If I recall correctly, in the left side it would be 5 tracks and in the right side it would be tracks 6 and 7.

As for #2, that option is already 'ticked'

phred

• Global Moderator
You clearly have something odd going on. Here is seven tracks:

What version of MB are you using (Help > About) and is it Store, Installer, or Portable?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Heavesd

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm at a loss as to how to explain this. You'll have to wait to see if anyone else can offer some suggestions. I will state that I don't recall anyone bringing this issue up before.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Heavesd

I'm at a loss as to how to explain this. You'll have to wait to see if anyone else can offer some suggestions. I will state that I don't recall anyone bringing this issue up before.

Should I post this in "Bugs" section?

hiccup

I believe the logic is that it will first fill the left column to the height of the album art and will then proceed to the column on the right.
Attempting symmetry is not what is aimed for here.

phred

• Global Moderator
I believe the logic is that it will first fill the left column to the height of the album art and will then proceed to the column on the right.
Hmmm ... that actually makes some sense

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Heavesd

You must be right because when the album has no art it stays symmetrical.