Author Topic: Not Syncing Entire Library  (Read 3720 times)

chino_layne

Hello!

I recently started using MusicBee and am so far loving it.
Unfortunately, I am not able to transfer music to my phone correctly, which has been a huge issue.
I have tried using wifi sync and a plugged in sync to transfer my library to my SD card, but no matter how many times I try or update or completely restart, it won't sync songs by artists with names that start with a letter after "L." The folder for each artist will appear in my phone, but it will be empty and none of the songs that should sync will.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

That's a strange one. I assume it's not a space issue. Can you share a screenshot of your sync settings, especially the first tab where you can choose playlists, folders, and library filters?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Very strange indeed.

If you have a card reader on your PC, and you pull the card from the phone and mount it on the PC and then sync, does the same thing happen?

Have you tried a different card in the phone?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chino_layne

Is that the info you were looking for? I do usually plug the SD card in, but I do also try wifi sync occasionally. I haven't tried a different card, just because I don't have one.

Steven

• Administrator
anything in the error log around the time you sync? (help/ support/ view error log)

chino_layne

No- no errors are reported. It just completes the sync as normal, and tells me it's finished, but then many of the folders will be empty.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you run a sync preview, does it indicate all the files will be synced?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

chino_layne

It does indicate in the preview that all files will be synced. It then runs the sync for some time, syncs them all, and then flashes red at the end, and gives the error code "Encode Failed - unable to open file (error=BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM)"
It still appears that the sync worked, and the "device" page shows that the appropriate amount of space for the music library is now being used on the SD Card. However, whenever I put the SD Card into my phone, or unplug it and replug it into my computer, almost all of the songs are missing.

phred

• Global Moderator
Doing a top-level search for "BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM" brings up a number of hits. It's quite possible that MB is choking on a corrupt file. Or a file that is DRM protected.

What version of MB are you using?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

chino_layne

I believe I'm using the most updated version- I'm on Windows, so I downloaded it using the Windows App Store.

phred

• Global Moderator
I believe I'm using the most updated version- I'm on Windows, so I downloaded it using the Windows App Store.
When asked "what version are you using" the proper reply is the version number and not "the latest version." Steven issues patch versions quite frequently so we still have no idea what version you're using.

However, since you do mention it's the store version, which doesn't get update nearly as often and the installer or portable versions, that could very well be the problem. I suggest using the portable version. Put it in a partition other than C:. If you only have the one partition, put it in C:\MusicBee or something like that. Keep it -out- of any Windows controlled directory.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

chino_layne

Thanks for educating me on proper response protocol! I am aware that the version number would be best, but was unfortunately not sure how to find it.

For the portable version, does that just mean setting up a folder for Music Bee on the C drive (the only one I have)?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for educating me on proper response protocol! I am aware that the version number would be best, but was unfortunately not sure how to find it.
Help > About

For the portable version, does that just mean setting up a folder for Music Bee on the C drive (the only one I have)?
Yes, exactly. You can create the folder beforehand, or MB can create it for you during the "installation." The portable installation will -appear- that it's going to "install" files, but all it's doing is creating the entire MB installation in the folder of your choice. All files will be in this new folder allowing you to move the installation to another PC or UBS stick, etc very easily.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

chino_layne

The version number is 3.3.7367 P. I did go ahead and switch to the portable download, rather than the windows store version. However, the problem still remains. What typically happens now is it will sync everything, and maybe 6 or 7 will fail to sync, for a different reason every time I try. Once it finishes syncing, the little pop up window will appear to "finalize" the sync, and it will stall out at this point. I usually have to force close the application.

chino_layne

Forgot to add- while it's syncing the files that have already synced will appear in the SD card's folders. Once I disconnect the SD card and reconnect it is when the files are no longer there.