Author Topic: Android device sync - playlist formatting issue  (Read 9261 times)

renius28

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 16
Sorry to say I still haven't had the time to test this new patch, but I should be able to later on Thursday.
I have removed a track from a playlist and then performed a sync of that playlist. I'm still seeing Windows convention for the slashes, in other words, a forward slash (/). In other words, no change observed in the text file. Not a problem for me, but just wondering why I'm not seeing backward slashes in the playlist. Using M3U.

This is with 3.3.7354 P which was the patch posted in this thread. FYI, it's the same version number as what I was using previously and downloaded earlier that day.

Phred - Are you sure you didn't mix things up? A forward slash is the unix convention. The result you saw of the playlist with forward slashes is the desired result and what's now working for us on android 10. :)

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9447
Phred - Are you sure you didn't mix things up? A forward slash is the unix convention. The result you saw of the playlist with forward slashes is the desired result and what's now working for us on android 10. :)
Entirely possible. I've been a little flakey lately.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
The library preferences for playlists only applies to library playlists and not to device synching.

Could you try this version which uses the unix convention for filenames in playlists:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
I am now having this same issue yet again. Last time I was able to fix it by switching from using my SD card to my phone's onboard storage. But now I am getting the "0" songs in any new playlists I add and I am still using my phone's onboard storage when using wired sync. With Wifi Sync I am getting the error that the server can't be found. I have cleared cache data and added the above patch files but nothing seems to work so far.

Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
I just did the latest Android update and it seems like sync (wifi or not) is working as it should again. All my playlists are now being populated with the songs in them.

veermaharaj

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
The library preferences for playlists only applies to library playlists and not to device synching.

Could you try this version which uses the unix convention for filenames in playlists:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Thanks so much Steven.
You're amazing.
Please roll this in as a checkbox option under device sync options in the future.

Donating now!!!