Author Topic: Is there any hope of 2-way sync between an iPod and MusicBee?  (Read 1757 times)

tyresebro1

When I'm listening to music on my 160 gig, I change around the star ratings and such. Is there a way for musicbee to grab this info, and update my MusicBee library's metadata(star ratings, last played, etc)?

I noticed on the IPod options the "enable 2 way syncronization" is grayed out.

phred

• Global Moderator
Not very likely. First off Apple makes regular changes to their OS and tries very hard to make it impossible for developers like Steven to keep up. Secondly Steven is quite busy and has temporarily cut back on his time with MB. https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30597.0

You can search the forum section Tips & Tricks and you'll see some methods for working with iphones, but I don't recall there being anything there with two-way syncs.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tootygooty

Apple has not updated the iPod in years. Literally, years. Other players are able to view and copy tunes. Kind of spreading false info my man.  Now if we're talking about the iphone, that's a different story... but the ipod should technically be something that is a possibility to work since it's not maintained nor updated any longer.

frankz

Apple has not updated the iPod in years. Literally, years. Other players are able to view and copy tunes. Kind of spreading false info my man.  Now if we're talking about the iphone, that's a different story... but the ipod should technically be something that is a possibility to work since it's not maintained nor updated any longer.
The iPod & iPhone driver plugin is open source if you want to have a go at updating it my man.