Author Topic: Copy Ratings to Synology Audiostation  (Read 2281 times)

Arpal

I have just started to sort out my collection add tags and ratings Music Bee is nice and easy to use but I have eveything on my Synology NAS drive and although it is updating most of the meta data it does not appear to import the ratings to audio station which is what I am using to take my music on the go using my phone to download over wi-fi.

I would like to rate in Music bee then pick out 4-5 star tracks so that it is easier to manage and update to the phone but I can't at the moment does anyone have any ideas that could help?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
it does not appear to import the ratings to audio station which is what I am using to take my music on the go using my phone to download over wi-fi.
What is 'audio station'? Is it a player, desktop software, a smart phone app? Are you sure it works with ratings?

I would like to rate in Music bee then pick out 4-5 star tracks so that it is easier to manage and update to the phone but I can't at the moment does anyone have any ideas that could help?
I'm not 100% certain about this since I don't rate my music, but I seem to recall that ratings are stored in MB's database and not as a tag. If true, then the ratings wouldn't be transferred over. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Arpal

Hi

Thanks for the response in answer to the first part it is both I am using the mobile app to play the music but checking the server based version to see if the ratings are appearing.

on the second part I have checked the files in explorer and the ratings have been written to the file I have also amended them on the file and they have transferred to music bee so that appears to work OK.

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
I can only suggest trying a different Android player to see if that works, or if the issue is with audio station. I suggest the trial version of GoneMad or PowerAmp. Both work well with MB and also MB's Wifi Sync app for Android.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

zigzag10

I have just started to sort out my collection add tags and ratings Music Bee is nice and easy to use but I have eveything on my Synology NAS drive and although it is updating most of the meta data it does not appear to import the ratings to audio station which is what I am using to take my music on the go using my phone to download over wi-fi.

Thanks

The capabilities of Synology’s Audio Station (aka ‘DS Audio’) is actually pretty limited.  As far as I can tell the only way you’re going to be able to use it to pick out the 4/5 star rated content, is by using MB to create an m3u playlist comprising these tracks and then to copy this file to the music folder on your NAS.  Good instructions on how to achieve this are given here:  https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/10607/Copying-your-iTunes-Playlists-to-a-Synology-NAS-box.html