Author Topic: album covers MusicBee and iTunes  (Read 3708 times)

BillH

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I share the same folder structure for both MusicBee and iTunes.  I use MusicBee as my primary music player.

All of my album covers are in files called Cover.jpg in the same folder as the song track files.  For some reason MusicBee will display all of them, but iTunes only displays maybe 20% of them.

Any ideas why this would be the case?  I know this is a MusicBee forum, but I was hoping someone might know what is going on.

Thanks,
Bill

wobbly

have a look and see if the covers are embedded in the music files

BillH

Thanks for the reply.  I have the options set to save the album cover art to Cover.jpg.  How do I tell if the artwork is also embedded in the file?  I haven't done that intentionally.

Thanks,
Bill

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you look at the Artwork tab in the tag editor (in MusicBee) and mouse over the artwork, it will tell you in a pop-up how the artwork is stored.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

BillH

OK.

I found an album where the cover does show in iTunes.  I went into MusicBee and opened the editor and went to the Artwork tab and hovered over the album cover there.  At the bottom it says "Cover.jpg".

I found an album where the cover does not show in iTunes.  Hovering over the album cover shows this at the bottom, "Cover.jpg".

So both show Cover.jpg in MusicBee, yet only one of them displays the cover in iTunes.

Any idea why this might happen?

Thanks,
Bill

BillH

@sveakul

Thanks for the links.  I tried rebuilding the library and deleting the cache and neither of these helped.

I was just hoping someone here that used (or had used) iTunes might have run into this issue before or maybe knew where iTunes found the artwork.  

I poked around on the web before (and after) posting here and really didn't have any luck.  

I don't plan on going back to iTunes as I like MusicBee, but it just bothers me that iTunes won't display all the album covers since all my folders have Cover.jpg files.

Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:48:53 AM by BillH

Clarence

I don't know if this is anywhere close to the problem but are all your covers stored as .jpg files and not some of them as .JPG?

I know from bitter experience that some software will not read the upper case extension despite the actual file format being identical.

I'm not sure how iTunes handles that but if it's not the solution it's at least another option ticked off your list.

BillH

@Clarence,

I just checked and all of them are lower case .jpg.

Thanks for the idea.  It was worth checking

Bill