Author Topic: MB Radio Stations fails to import a XML file  (Read 4920 times)

VX

When I tried to import Radio Stations list created with third-party app into MB the following error occurred: 'Unable to parse the selected OPML file'.

Is it a bug or MB can import the xml files created with MB only  ???

Steven

• Administrator
currently only OPML formatted XML files are supported.
I see the file you have is from Tapin which i assume is its own format and not some other standard. But in either case, i will add support for this for importing (not exporting which will remain as OPML)
One issue you would have with the file you have is MB doesnt have a heirachy for stations, so the groups would be imported as a category but it will display as one flat list. There will be a lot of stations imported
Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:57:48 PM by Steven

VX

Thank you very much for the explanation :)

I'm glad to hear that You'll add support for importing such a files. That would be awesome  8)

Steven

• Administrator
it would be a mistake to import the file you sent me as MB is not designed to handle such a huge number of radio stations efficiently (in terms of navigation).
Are you able to filter the file that gets created from Tapin ?

VX

Are you able to filter the file that gets created from Tapin ?

Yes, the Stations can be filtered in Tapin Radio by:
1) Region/Continent /Subcontinent/Country/ Network; single stations
2) Genre/ Country;
3) Network.
There is a nice and efficient Search box in Tapin that allows to group the results as well.

You can use the search function in Notepad ++ to filter the presets.xml file content.
There is an example excerpt from the file:
Code
<Group title="Europe">                  - Region/Continent; Subcontinent is applied to America only
<Group title="Poland">                 -  Country
<Group title="Polskie Radio">      -  Network
<Group title="Global">                   - Genre
<Station title="1 - Jedynka" url="http://www.polskieradio.pl/jedynka/" genre="News/Features">
<Source>http://www.polskieradio.pl/st/program1M.asx</Source>
</Station>

What about using this Groups as Categories in MB and allow to import the selected group of Radio Stations only  ???

EDIT:
Updated the first hierarchy to include Networks that are grouped before independent stations from the country.
Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:41:55 AM by VX

Steven

• Administrator
i would put the heirachy into the Category field as you are suggesting. I will move this request to the wishlist