Author Topic: How to Export Music on the Sony Walkman with Albums sorted by year  (Read 1372 times)

stefan1138am

Hi,

I'm trying to have my music listed by year for each Artist on my Sony Walkman.

Has anyone experience in uploading music on a Walkman NW A45? Any tips?

Cheers,
stefan

phred

• Global Moderator
You asked the same question a year ago and received one reply (from me) asking you a question which you never answered. Proper forum etiquette is that if you start a post looking for help, and someone replies looking for more information, you should supply that information.

Please search the forum as I just got 27 hits on "walkman." It's quite possible there's a solution in there.
Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:56:22 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

stefan1138am

Last year I asked "I can't transfer/sync my MusicBee Playlist to my Sony Walkman NW-A45." I somehow figured it out, but I'm sorry for not replying.

Anyways, if you know how to export Music on the Sony Walkman with Albums sorted by year (no playlist), I would appreciate.

And I'm not sure what format Sony requires. I asked the same question on the Sony forum with no replies yet.
Maybe it's not even possible, but was wondering if anyone here knows what general export settings COULD change the sorting order on the mp3 player.

PS I don't check this forum to often, so it might take a two or three for me to reply.

Dryst

I  have owned a few newer Sony Walkman's, but none of them work any longer.  These devices were simply plug into your computer followed by copying files to the remove-able drives shown for them.  The easiest way to do what you wish is to name the specific files with digits that force ordering.

You may do something like this:

0001-Pretty Fly (For A White Guy).mp3
0002-Rock On.mp3
0003-Woman In The Red.mp3

and etc.

This tactic typically works for everything you want to force a specific order (from MP3 CDs to portable media players).