Author Topic: Artwork removed successfully but artwork still embedded basis file size  (Read 713 times)

navporky

Hi,

I inadvertently added very high resolution artwork on an album while editing the tags. Realized while the files were being updated (3 out of 12) and tried to stop it. Once it stopped, it gave an error that artwork corrupted ... this was for 3rd file, it's file size remained normal as if its without those high resolution artwork. So, I tried editing the tags and remove the artworks for first 2 files, successfully removed them and saved them.

However, this is where the issue starts - the 2 file's size suggests that those high res artwork are still embedded basis file size but MusicBee tag editor shows no artwork. See here  

I downloaded MP3tag v3.01, which is able to show the artwork and allowing to delete, though extremely slow.

Thanks

navporky

Artwork handling has more issues:

1. When changing or removing artwork, many times this error is encountered.

2. This one I missed capturing screenshot of and I am yet to reproduce it but when you have multiple artwork embedded (something that I am moving away from), and later when I navigate to the "artwork" tab while editing tags, it reports <n> images got corrupted or inaccessible. From this point on, I am unable to access these artwork for removal. Most of the times MP3tag also fails, I have multiple files with such artwork embedded with slightly bloated size.

Is it the embedded specification for opus files that is weak coz I see multiple softwares failing or unable to handle it elegantly?