Author Topic: Can't Import iTunes Library  (Read 1772 times)

artspolice

I'm new to MusicBee and want to import my iTunes library. I click File>Library>Import>Import from iTunes>Proceed and absolutely nothing happens. What am I missing? Any help greatly appreciated.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might need to manually export the xml file. See this post: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30559.msg169414#msg169414
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

artspolice

Thanks for your reply. I had tried exporting library to MusicBee folder but that didn't work. Changed "Library" to "iTunes Music Library" as recommended in that post but that didn't work either. Maybe I'm exporting to wrong place.

wellsie

Try looking in your Inbox. It may have put the files there instead of into your Library. There should be instructions in the Wiki or Help sections on moving them over. (I'm at work and don't have access to the laptop running MB to take screenshots.)

Good luck!

artspolice

I've not been able to import or export my iTunes library into MusicBee, and I don't know what the problem is. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I merged this with your original post. Making new posts on the same subject just creates clutter. Other people have accomplished this so I'm reasonably sure the answer is out there.

Try doing a Google search with "site:getmusicbee.com". Google's often better at finding what you're looking for than the built in forum search.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wellsie

I've not been able to import or export my iTunes library into MusicBee, and I don't know what the problem is. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Try looking in your Inbox. It may have put the files there instead of into your Library. There should be instructions in the Wiki or Help sections on moving them over.