Author Topic: Can ‘Picture Type’ for embedded artwork be displayed?  (Read 1187 times)

zigzag10

All my artwork is embedded and MB has no issue in displaying this.  However, not all this artwork is displayed in other devices and/or programs and I think I’ve established that this is maybe due to no value being assigned to ‘picture type’ – that’s to say, in certain cases this field doesn’t contain ‘Album Cover’ etc.

I know it’s possible to view this field in mp3tag with the syntax %_cover_type%, can it also be displayed in MB?  I have incidentally used the Album Artwork Manager, but as far as I can tell this utility doesn’t display this info. 

Steven

• Administrator
I know it’s possible to view this field in mp3tag with the syntax %_cover_type%, can it also be displayed in MB?
no its not currently possible. Create a wishlist request if its important to you as it could be added to the Album Artwork manager

sveakul

All my artwork is embedded and MB has no issue in displaying this.  However, not all this artwork is displayed in other devices and/or programs and I think I’ve established that this is maybe due to no value being assigned to ‘picture type’ – that’s to say, in certain cases this field doesn’t contain ‘Album Cover’ etc.

I know it’s possible to view this field in mp3tag with the syntax %_cover_type%, can it also be displayed in MB?  I have incidentally used the Album Artwork Manager, but as far as I can tell this utility doesn’t display this info.  

You can see this information in MusicBee if you right-click the file, choose "Edit", and then hit the "Artwork" tab.  The "Picture Type" box next to the artwork then will show you what type is in the file.  I tested this by adding artwork to a file in an external tagger (Kid3) as type "Leaflet Page", and it shows correctly as that type in the above dialog after re-scanning the file.