Author Topic: MB Version "3.3.7261 Store" - Analyse Volume - Unexpected shutdown  (Read 1814 times)

ParaGnosis

Hey folks,

Every time I try to use the Analyse Volume tool in MB (on all my tracks), it gets to somewhere around the end of the artists starting with A and then just shuts down unexpectedly.

There's nothing I can post to go with this because literally, all that happens is that MB shuts down, with no error messages, or anything.

I'm using the Analyse Volume tool in the following way;

1. On track basis
2. Alert when the replaygain adjustment would cause clipping
3. Adjust calculated replaygain values: 0dB

Anyone got any ideas?

MB seems to be working fine in all other aspects so I don't have any idea what could be causing this issue.

Thanks

ParaGnosis
Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:32:41 PM by ParaGnosis

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I wonder if there's a particular track that's causing an issue. Also, have you looked at the error log after restarting MusicBee?

I would suggest trying the volume analysis in small batches, maybe one or two albums at a time, to see if you can pinpoint where the problem occurs.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I wonder if there's a particular track that's causing an issue. Also, have you looked at the error log after restarting MusicBee?
Either a corrupt track or perhaps a read-only track. Although the latter should not cause a hard shutdown.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
if its one particular album doing this, then can you send a link to a zip of the album files?

ParaGnosis

Thanks for the replies folks! I'll try it again and then look at the error log that comes up, and if that doesn't give me any information, I'll do it bit by bit and see what happens.  :)