Author Topic: Musicbee keeps removing the natural order setting from my playlists.  (Read 1129 times)

siteunseen699

How do I stop this?

I have a suspicion that me rearanging my main music view (where all songs are displayed) changes the natural order setting for all playlists.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

It may be related, although the library should have its own view settings, separate from playlists. But all static playlists have the same view settings unless you specify otherwise.  You can find out more about how to customize playlist settings here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Playlists
Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:40:20 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

siteunseen699

I only see mention of natural order as how to revert back, not how it gets out of natural order.

I want to prevent this entirely.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sort order is part of your view settings, so play surround and see what happens if you change settings
Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 05:14:23 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

siteunseen699

Sheet order is part of your view settings, so play surround and see what happens if you change settings

I am sorry, I don't understand what that means.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, my typo didn't help. But take a look at playlist settings, there are options for independent fields and you can change the specific view a playlist uses. It's not intuitive, but the playlist page on the wiki tries to explain how those settings work together. I don't think you can really grasp it until you've experimented to see what happens.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

siteunseen699

Can anyone try to explain this to me?

Note that I am not a superuser in anyway, I can barely even use a mouse and keyboard without going cross eyed.